"My Thoughts"

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Standing for Truth, Luke 10, 25-37; Video of WWII vet Attacked

Standing for Truth.
Following the Teaching from the Parable of "The Good Samaritan"

Also see the video at the end of an example about a WWII vet, where nobody helped after he was carjacked

I often find that others try and force me to be whom I am not, all the while looking the other way about the real truths of who I am, where I have been and what my talents are.
Sadly these persons seem to give credit to those with loads of charisma (such as a dishonest male co-worker at a previous employer of mine), while missing that quiet service of others in God’s Love is also important.
Based on my understanding/reading of the Bible this is SIMPLY WRONG!

I get the comment regularly that I should be more “thick skinned”, although this would be nice (and I do try), this is not who I am and my life experience has most certainly not helped. I also get persons saying I should get trained as an RV mechanic (since I have driven one and done a lot of work on my own camper over the last two decades), however once again I am of only average mechanical talent and aptitude.

I can go on and on about things I should do or learn to do all the while ignoring my God given natural abilities such as organization, business and research.
I have many business clients, instructors and more second this, however I constantly am told what I need to do here all the while rumors about my “so called” failures and more circulate.

Unless I am to believe the lies of the Evil One and give in as a total failure (like so many have said I am), I am not going to listen.
Please reference previous posts such as:
“Does doing the right thing really pay in life?” or
"The Triumph of Evil"

What still bothers me more is while I suffer with hours of nightmares and premonitions all night (and often in the day) and get no sleep, persons who have the power to help CONTINUE to look the other way and believe the lies (treating me like damaged goods).
Whether it is friends (who are now in Portland), my own brother in law (whom I love dearly and respect, which is why it hurts all the more), my community, my old church family in LA and more.
Many of these persons are persons I have loved and would have done anything for, yet I seem to be worthless to them.

While I understand that one needs to get their self-esteem from the Lord, this is NOT explicitly written in the Bible while many other commandment about how we should respond to others around us.

Here is a quote from Luke Chapter 10: 25-37:

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[c]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[d]"
28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"
30 In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.
31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.
32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him.
35 The next day he took out two silver coins[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'
36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"
37 The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."


It is clear from this passage as to what a Christian is and this is what I have strived to be.
HOWEVER while I (and my family) am “lying beside the highway” the Christians of our day walk around as this would certainly ruin their image to look for the truth in me or my family. About the only exceptions have been a few internet friends, my sister, and a few from my new church.
Unfortunately the ones who have cared to look deeper do not have the ability to truly help (or do not feel they can based on different view of the Bible).

What is sad is I have roundly criticized for trying to practice this passage; for instance I have been horribly judged in my new community for help a co-worker by providing a place for her to live in my old camper after she became estranged from her family. Even her family thinks very low of me and finally convinced her of my worthlessness (mean while others refuse to stand up here and either blames me or even her, of which neither is true).

In another case, I had a manager at my pet store that had many “home issues”, marital issues and more that I provided a room for her and her kids. This lady was thrown out of home at 13 by her “druggy” parents and was a survivor who could not look past her own needs at times. I believe I helped (I can give much evidence here, in particular how she exposed what happened to my daughter which ended up costing her as well). What is sad here is she was not a Christian, yet she ended up doing what was right as personal expense while my judgmental Church looked the other way and condemned me.

There are many other examples (many other are not aware of as the Bible asks us to not do things for public view). But of those known by others such as dropping my largest account (the Bahooka Restaurant) to do the right thing after sexual innuendos were thrown his way (and his fiancé), I was once again judged.
See this link to an article about the Bahooka Restaurant:
http://www.fish-as-pets.com/2007/12/eatery-with-100-aquariums.html

What is has all come down to is I am not viewed as much by others, and although I try and get my self esteem from God, doing this is very difficult in lieu of nightmares and persons who are supposed to be Christians of which the Bible states that you will know them by their fruit (sadly many listen to those who are wolves in sheep's clothing). Even though I also occasionally receive positive premonitions, it is getting harder and harder to ignore the hate and lack of any respect I get (for who I am, what I can and have done and much more), whether in my community, internet, and elsewhere.

These often so-called Christians choose to raise my failures high on a flag pole all the while ignoring my positive attributes/actions that many in the business world acknowledge (& flying community when I was an active pilot) and making these attributes to be failures as well.
As an example, co-worker at Cary's of Oregon who is one of these wolves in sheep's clothing was and is good at this. His views on politics and many actions tell his real convictions and lack of repentance for his horrible actions such as spreading false gossip and moving inventory to make me look bad, not knowing that I came in on a Sunday to count and caught his dishonest lies. The use of MySpace as a tool of these actions by deleting me as a friend is not only juvenile, but shows that these persons lack any understand of what Jesus asks of us in response to others.

About all that keeps me going is a positive premonition that came one day (a few times I might add) that showed my middle daughter (Danielle) to be a blessing to me and many around her and she has certainly shown much of this already sensing when I am most deeply depressed and being a real light to and for the Lord (this is not to lower my other kids as I love them and would not exchange them for the world). I am simply stating she is probably the main reason I am still here today and am able to ignore the nightmares calls of agreement with others about my total failure in life.

Unfortunately, many agencies or morally bankrupt groups such as the Women's Crisis Support Team of Grants Pass are so morally bankrupt, they could not see the truth if it were the size of Mt. Everest. I strongly urge any readers to NEVER donate to this organization that is not interested in truth, rather it is an aid to Satan himself as even though they may help some, they often "leap before looking" despite the harm they bring upon families (I know from experience that even when many well established citizens of Grants Pass have given character references that they simply blow them off and continue their evil and reckless actions).

SUMMARY
I will summarize by confessing my weaknesses/sins for others to see/witness.

*I have a major tendency to take abuse both verbal and well documented back stabbing before losing my temper verbally instead of simply confronting these persons.
*I am easily embittered (but I am praying about this and working on it)
*I am NOT patient, but again I am working on this and many others such as my friends from the Holy Rovers have noted that I am much more patient.
*Coveting others success instead of being satisfied with what God provides me

I will also Stand up for myself and state my strengths

*I pray daily for others, including those who have hurt me or those close to me. This includes many as of writing this update whom I cannot mention that have had similar judgments placed on them.
*I am loyal, standing behind and forgiving those who have harmed my family or me.
*I place others way above the almighty dollar, my real business acquaintances (such as Tideline USA in LA can testify to). I have NEVER sought to be rich and have quietly given MUCH to others in time, co-signatures, donations, and direct aid, often to my own financial harm.
*Despite the owners of Cary’s of Oregon & many in Grants Pass, I am VERY talented in business management, especially when it comes to the area of organization of information (I am excellent at research), human resources, SEO, inventory control, prioritizing of tasks and much more. I am not so good at marketing of image or pure leadership (a good leader is more inspiring than I am and can take criticism better than me).
Despite those who have tried to take away any credit of this from me, simply looking at the results of my internet information pages, my previous business, the many who have much respect for me such as my many business contacts in LA (Tideline, Kokaho, Quality Marine, and MANY others who have told me so), even the flight instructors and FAA examiners who complimented my cockpit management and how skilled I am in this area.

Do you grasp this!!!! Josh, Tyler (& other "owners" at Cary's of Oregon), Kenny, Calvary Crossroads GP & others who are too blind to grasp this (or those who believe their lies & delete me as a friend in MySpace or similar social networks).
Would you like written references?? Or those who believe these lies without simply looking at the proof, facts or the dozens of testimonials that were sent to me after a DHS incident?

Again I emphasize to those that choose to believe lies or only see my mistakes, read Luke Chapter 10: 25-37!!

Originally this is a follow up to my last post that I felt I needed to write, in part as I read in the business news about the Microsoft bid for Yahoo in which I see this love affair with Google that is totally off base (please see this article:
“Google Love Affair”)


Here is a video of an attack on a WW2 Veteran while others walk by him while hurt; this disgusts me more than the act itself.
I can relate in that while the person who committed the heinous acts upon my family is clearly evil as was the perpetrator of this crime against this respectable senior citizen, those that have turned their backs or worse allowed false rumors are worse in my view than the perpetrator of the crime):

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger openmic said...

Carl, I have not met you and can only evaluate what you have posted on your blog. I do not know your acquaintances nor have heard any of the rumors that you describe -- in fact, I live clear across the country from you. So please do not take offense to my comments since none is intended.

It sounds like you are the victim of living in a vicious world that has been molded for you by others who were hurtful. I realize that blogging about life's misdeeds is therapeutic, but be careful because one can become consumed by the stories. It is time to change things.

You look to others for reaffirmation that you are good. This comes out over and over again via stories about being mistreated at work, being taken advantage of in business, and by bad people doing things to you and your family. You may be doing the right things as defined by your religion, but you need to get positive credit from the mere mortals around you. When you decide to help somebody but others criticize, tell them right there and in plain terms what you are doing and why. Quote your Bible passages, especially to “church” people. Then walk away and refuse to argue further. Be strong and decisive and upright to your critics. Don’t allow them to belittle you to your face. And if you hear rumors later, go to the supposed source and tell them they’re full of it and to stop at once. Don’t threaten, but let them know that you will not stand for them to walk all over you. You have to be firm, and sometimes nasty, to earn respect. Later, after you’re no longer a doormat, you won’t have to go to all of that trouble.

If you can prove illegal actions by others, take them to court even if you cannot afford a lawyer (use your local Legal Aide). First, though, you MUST have enough proof that a competent lawyer can make a case. Then win the case and publicize the results. It will serve notice to all others who wish to mess with you.

If you cannot prove illegal actions by others, you still may get some justice through other means. For example, your former church that ostracized you. Write a letter to whomever is in charge of that church stating why you left because of how you were treated. Be sure to include appropriate Bible verses. It may not help you directly or immediately, but it will indicate that something is rotten. Letters to the Editor of local newspapers also work. BUT be careful not to libel anyone, do not add opinions or complaints that you cannot substantiate, and do not come off sounding weak or whiny.

Forget people in your past that have hurt you. Do not deal with them. If you do, they will take the opportunity to dish out more of the same. Definitely forget about bad grade school experiences. Although those issues feel real to you, it is time to put them away because they continue to hurt you. Feeling that current problems in adulthood are tied to problems as a child only drags you down. Take the lessons learned and change behavior accordingly.

Finally, advice is only as good as what you paid for it (in money or life experience). My advice is free, so it may not be worth anything. I just want you to consider the rut you’re in and what you might need to do to get out of it. I’m not good at quoting the Bible, but I seem to remember a passage that said you need to help yourself. Get your inspiration through your religion, but channel it through yourself. There may be a Lifetime Channel movie in your life, once you gain control of it. Good luck!!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thank you again for your well thought comments on this blog!

I will add that you are right that I need to not let others mold my life for me, such as the person who kicked it off; a 4th AND 6th grad teacher who made sure the whole class knew that I would be a failure which later resulted in many classmates poor treatment of me.

I might note that I have written the local newspaper twice with (IMO) short ad to the point refutations of how I was treated when picking up recyclable trash (plastic, aluminum, paper) for recycling in my business trips to California. The most recent incident involved a manager at a local Rays Market that was insulting and extremely rude as to this (the other was a gas station which I was only walking by and this person insulted me with four letter words).
The newspaper (the Grants Pass Courier) did NOT print either, which is basically the point of this blog post, not that evil does not exist and not that it is part of life, but when these things do happen that others CANNOT or WILL NOT do what is right and publish the letter to the editor. This is such a simple thing to do, yet they choose to look the other way just as everyone else does here (with a few exceptions).

Here is my about me page:
http://americanaquariumproducts.com/AboutMe.html

Carl

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home